The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
cstanley

This Third Row Seat business it outta control! *rant*

I've been shopping for a late model GM 3rd row seat (fold-up/take out) with the integrated seat belts for some time now. I've been watching evilbay for some time, and I believe the prices are just outta hand. I know they are an expensive dealer option, but the way these things are being bought up (as it appears) it seems there are plenty to go around. it looks like folks are getting between $500 and $900 for them. someone apparently thinks they are sitting on little gold mines! pardon the pun... as with so much ebay stuff now, the guys who are selling them typically have several they offer, so they really aren't individuals. are these seats really that popular? other brands that are comparable aren't getting that much...

it just seems ridiculous! i'm having trouble because i'd like to have a set, but i want to recover them in factory materials. at the rate they're going, i just can't sink that kind of money into them plus upholstery.

the worst part is that i am trying to find a set of cloth ones that aren't really in very good shape. that seems impossible!

am I just way off and being selfish here?
anyone have any ideas? do you think i could contact dealers to see if they have any that were replaced due to damage?

i'm just so frustrated i can't think straight about it...

*rant off*

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 04-02-2007 at 04:36 PM.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote