The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
stingray72
Red Headed Step Child

Ooh.. Let's chat drivetrain.. I'm excited

Now that my 70 is sold and my Superhawk should be gone in a couple of weeks I'm getting kinda excited about giving my Jimmy a once over

My dream would be to have it like what you'd see at Barrett Jackson but I know I wouldn't drive it and a trophy I don't want. I want a REALLY NICE rig that I'm not gonna feel bad about taking it out for a cruise.

Right now it's got a 350/350 combo that I'm 99% sure is not original so I'm not really concerned about changing it. What i'm posing to you smart fellers who stayed in a Holiday Inn express last night is what do you think I should do with concerning drivetrain??

Options I've thought about in no particular order are...

A. Keep 350/350 combo, freshen it up, new cams, pistons, heads etc and just drive her.

B. Go with a 383 stroker and a built 700R4 or some other similar tranny

C. Big Block, Big HP who cares about $3/gallon gas

D. Completely updated drivetrain.. LS1/460LE or whatever that tranny is called I don't think that's right to make it so i can drive the truck to Alaska

I'm torn and thought it would be fun to start some chit chat about pros and cons etc of options available (which are limitless I know)..

I'd like to have something that's a little better than 5 mpg so I can drive it around and not watch the gas hand move but I digress..

and b/c I know it'll come up.. lets say I have between 5K and 10K to spend.

-Homer Simpson
stingray72 is offline   Reply With Quote