The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 PM   #1
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

Big 2.5" Vette Ram Manifolds---Fit 2WD! and 4WD

I have been doing some special fitting on these, for those of us who do NOT want to run headers, but do want better flow from ramhorns. We know these have been a good upgrade for 4WDs, in the past, but not 2WDs. They wouldn't clear the big crossmember under the engine or the starter on 2WDs.
The bend coming out of the straight down Vette rams has to be real tight to clear and muffler shop machines can't do that bend without flattening the pipes.
So, you have to use mandrel bent 45 degree pipes and really shorten the upper part of the bend. The flares have to be welded on because the machine can't flare that short of a pipe...I didn't say it was going to be real easy.
We almost have it now. The answer to the stock starter clearance is using a late model/common 350/4.3 mini starter.
I sell the manifolds, new in the box, for $130 delivered, if you want to DIY. You chase down all the small parts & weld...OR (you know there would be an OR...)
I can provide the fully prepped package (without starter): $330 + shipping
1. Manifolds fully prepped: ends cut off, dressed surfaces, blasted, & baked on high temp paint (no guarantees, but better than raw cast surfaces).
2. Gaskets, flanges, high temp flange seals, & studs.
3. 45 degree mandrel bent aluminized pipes with welded flared ends.
...and here's some pics...
Attached Images

PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote