The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Mesabooger

Hello, 66 C10 here

I got this almost a month ago. I won't lie, I never was a car/truck guy and this is my way in.

It has a modest straight 250 with a single barrel carb, for right now its fine. 12 bolt posi in the rear, but with tractor gears, I need to get those gears swapped out. 3 on the tree converted to 4 on the floor, steering column never cut so it sticks way out.

Bodywork: all rust has been removed, have the panels for the left side bed and then need to starts pulling dents and one bondo spot below the gas cap

Not really sure where I am going to winding doing to it. First things first, it needs a fwd sway bar and I want to move the gas tank to the back. A friend of mine has the same truck and he got his tank from Summit, but was not sure which one exactly. He said it fit right in between the frame perfectly. Anyone here know?

Oh, here is a pic and it is nice to meet all of you!

Notice in the pic I only have one blade, my right pivot post is broken and I am having the damndest luck finding either linkage, or just the pivot. I am in So Cal through Tues, man if I could find that part here...

Last edited by Mesabooger; 04-06-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Mesabooger is offline   Reply With Quote