The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #1
project 67 sub
Account Suspended

My '67 Suburban and a couple questions

I have a running 67 c/10 suburban project that I paid 1500 dollars for back in september of 06, and am slowly working on, and plan on doing many things to it. That includes fast bags, 10"or 12" c-notched frame rear w/a 4 link, 3" or 4" z'd frame in front, going to lay frame on 20s' when done, shaved handles, bumpin sound system, caddy tails, mildly built tbi 350(in the works), doing some rust repair, body work, and other small mods here and their. It was already changed over from a 6 lug manual drum brake front end to a newer 76 chevy 5 lug disk brake front end when I bought it, and they are still manual brakes. The rear end is still the original 6 lug 12 bolt that was never converted over. It already has a 350 w/th400 trans. The trans is going to get rebuilt and eventually a gearvendor overdrive unit bolted behind it. I also have a 76 chevy lwb 1/2 ton c/10 pickup truck w/a cracked frame. Wasn't but am now going to use it for parts on the burban. It also has a 5 lug 12 bolt diff in it and was wondering if that the internals from that rear end would work in the suburbans original rearend? I am also wondering if i could use the power booster and master cyl from that truck to make the burb have power brakes? I still have a few more questions so bare with me. Has anyone here ever used the entire dash and steering column(this column came out of a 1990 suburban) in one of our burbs or trucks and what dose it take to make it fit? I know that their are probably a few more questions that I whant to ask you guys but cant hink of right now but oh well I'll ask them later when I can remember them. And thank you guys for your time in reading this and answering my questions if possible.
project 67 sub is offline   Reply With Quote