The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #11
boatpuller

Re: pics of fuse block wiring cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxrodz View Post
It doesn't look to bad, boatpuller. It does clean up the spagetti of wiring. One suggestion would be to run the wiring into the underside of the cover instead of through the sides to clean up the sides of the cover. (Between your "clothes dryer vent" cover and N2s "aardvark's" air cover, those images are ingrained in me. )

One idea is to push the fuse box all the way through to the interior side of the firewall and mount it with some spacers. Then, use some plate metal (to conceal the fuse box hole) with thru-holes/grommets for the wiring. It would depend on the amount of excess leads on the wiring to make it happen.

The molded fiberglass cover and the hammer/buck form aluminum cover both sound like good ideas.

I agree, that it's all in the details...
i thought about trying to come in from the bottom.but,if you look at the precover pic my wire's go east and west with not much slack to play with.you don't see the sides of that cover unless your looking straight down the firewall.i'll get a pic of the whole firewall,when sun comes out.(weatherman's saying mid july) and you'll see it's small and just fades to black. if i was in the stage of build where i was wiring i'd do your inside mount,then grommet idea.one of my future pipe dreams is a new painless wiring harness.then i'll do something different. when i yerked out that wiper motor, and with hydro boost that naked fuse block stuck out like that baboon's red and blue butt at the zoo.