The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
KMK454

Long term storage?

Some things are switching up with the job and I'll probably be getting orders cut to go to 4th brigade of the 3rd Infantry Divison, a unit that deploys to Iraq at the end of July for at least 15 months. This will be my first deployment...

I was just wondering if anyone here has stored their truck for a long time. I've heard of things like disconnect the battery, put fuel stabilizer in, take off the wheels, and keep it on jack stands...

My other idea was to store it in my dad's garage and his payment be 50-100 miles a month on the truck so as to keep everything "fresh" and "alive" in the truck's internals. I know he loves the ol' truck... so he might be interested.

I know July is a long way off, but I'd like to start getting things lined up well in advance... any advice on what the best course of action is?

PS - Hoping to make the May show in Maggie Valley, NC, as kind of a last hurrah!
1991 Camaro B4C

Last edited by KMK454; 04-13-2007 at 01:21 PM.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote