The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
topnos

Mean Green "Bob County Edition" Build

Unfortunately, this first Project post is going to be slightly long-winded, due to the necessary and relevant background information. I am working on a 70 C-10 SB Stepside for my father-in-law, who is oblivious to the situation. The project truck was actually left on the piece of property my father-in-law and his dad bought several years ago. It was always an idea for my father-in-law and his dad to rebuild the truck to give them something to drive when they were at their property on the weekends. However, that plan was tragically forgotten a couple of years back when my father-in-law’s dad passed away. About two months ago, my father-in-law sold the truck to one of my friend’s friend, thinking the truck was going to become a race truck. After selling the truck, my father-in-law questioned the act, thinking it would have been better to rebuild the truck at a later date. However, what he does not know will not hurt him, right? Since the unfortunate passing on my father-in-law’s dad, we have always called the property “Bob County”, in honor of one of the greatest and neatest men I have known, hence the “Bob County Edition” build. The project is a combination of my labor and time and my mother-in-law’s funding; and although it is not intended to be a stock rebuild, will keep some of its stock appearance and attributes, with the addition of modern convenience and function. In essence, I am working on a comfortable cruiser with some fun potential. The build timeline is expected to be completed before Christmas, as my mother-in-law intends the truck to be a present at that time.

To date, the truck has been disassembled (major rust, holes, and dirt) and another donor cab has been purchased due to the cab’s horrible condition. The frame has been blasted, painted and rebuilt. To name a few of the installed frame options: an ECE 2.5” drop spindle and 4” drop rear coil has been installed, adjustable trac bar, rear trailing arm reinforcement kit, 3.73 posi unit, disc brake conversion has been added to the front, 6 lug has been converted to 5 lug both front and rear, stainless steel brake lines installed, and rebuilt upper and lower control arms (including new shaft hardware, ball joints) and steering hardware (inner and outer tie-rod, idler arm, etc…). The donor cab is at a friend’s body shop, and an update on this part of the project includes: new cab corners (L&R), new inner and outer rocker panels (L&R), new inner lower door skins, (L&R), smoothed firewall, and a lot of sanding and prep work. The plans for completing the truck include an Old Air System (a friend is a dealer), 330 HP 350 crate motor, 700R4 transmission (friend’s transmission shop), and a bed off of another donor vehicle.

I know I started the post a little late in the build, but will provide updates more often to keep you all informed of the progress. I look forward to all of your comments and suggestions, and thanks to all of the help the site and its members have provided already in the site’s content.
Attached Images

topnos is offline   Reply With Quote