The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
shifty
Questionable

LS1 : First startup of GenIII in the truck

Zipped, and in Quicktime format. If you don't want to download and install Quicktime to view it, I highly recommend Quicktime Alternative, which you can download here:

First startup: http://satellitehead.com/stuff/FirstStartup.zip

I kinda haphazardly ran the fuel pump relay, and three fusible links to the PCM and fuel pump in order to fire it up. I jacked the car up to be safe and to spin the wheels one time This is the car running with stock '98 Camaro manifolds, stock cats (no exhaust).

Feels good to turn it over, the swap has been 16 months of picking up and losing interest here and there. It's nice to know the engine is good, but there is a lot of work ahead to properly wire this thing up and tuck everything away where it's supposed to be (i.e. safe).

Sad part is I can't drive the damned thing until I get the brakes working, fab up the stupid plate for the hydraulic actuator and install the steering column. You can rest assured at least now I'll have some damned motivation!!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote