The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
cstanley

mocked up new seats for blazer. need advice please.

well, I got my recycled seats in today. they are out of an '04 trailblazer and will be reupholstered. plastic parts will be painted saddle and they will get factory-style houndstooth (with saddle walrus-grain vinyl, if i can find it.) i'll also remove the headrests.
They sit very nice and give tons more legroom. I'm not sure what it's like on the driver's side, because they are moved forward a little. i would power it up and move it back, but i don't know which wires are what and don't want to set off the airbag...

EDIT: i tried the pass. seat on driver's side, and there is going to be TONS of legroom! if i can figure out the mounting, these are gonna be heaven. i also compared the old and new side by side, and without the headrests, the backs are exactly the same height.

anyway, i'm not sure what to do about the mounting. the inside track of each is about 3" higher than the outside track. I was thinking of using rectangle tube steel to raise it up, but i'm not sure. also, the tracks are a touch long (the leg that mounts to the floor, anyway) so I may do something about that, too.

I'm vey excited, they sure feel great. anyone have a wiring diagram for these?
Attached Images

'72 Blazer Restoration Blog: http://sportchicken.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cstanley; 04-19-2007 at 11:10 PM.
cstanley is offline   Reply With Quote