The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Litemup
Steel Horse Cowboy

Need possible phone help (Booster/Master cylinder install probs)

I have a 68 GMC that I'm trying to install the power front disc conversion on. I bought the booster from ECE and the disc brake conversion kit from them as well. We have the everything installed except the booster/master and have run into a problem. The pushrod inbetween the master and the booster is to short. The pushrod is rounded at one end and not at the other, if you insert it in the master it goes all the way in and has very little sticking out, when you insert it in the booster, its the same thing the rod goes almost all the way in the booster with very little sticking out, for sure not enough to make it into the master.

I'm wondering if we're missing a peice or possibly have the wrong one, or if maybe the booster will push the rod out once vacumm is applied, in either case I have no idea what to do and don't want to go ahead with the install untill I know what's going. I can post pics if needed.

It seems to me that if I buy a master and a booster from the same company that only deals with these years of trucks I should get the right parts, I'm thinking I'm missing a part.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by Litemup; 04-22-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Litemup is offline   Reply With Quote