The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
vette442

My New '72 Custom Deluxe Highlander

Well, I've burned through $75 worth of 94 octane in the last couple days... I bought a really nice '72 Chevy Custom Deluxe out of Oklahoma from a guy who posted it here but who is also a regular on one of my Oldsmobile forums with a reputation for selling nice stuff. It arrived in Ohio last week and I finally picked it up yesterday. It's a rock solid TX/OK truck - sold new by Hudiburg Chevrolet in Fort Worth - and was a blast to drive the 147 miles back to PA. I put another 2 hours of drive time on it today and have been tinkering with it. It has a NOM 327 of yet-unknown origin and my buddy dug out an old 327/350 open element air cleaner for it. I also tried to put on a set of Corvette rallies with RWLs to see what it would look like, but the bolt pattern is smaller than the truck's. Here are a few pics below.

Per the build sticker, it's a Highlander Group C package that included a ton of the options shown as an incentive to buy the late '72s instead of waiting for the redesigned 1973s. Also as a Highlander, it should have green plaid inserts in the seats where the green cloth is now. If I can find them, I may put it back to correct someday. I also guess per the build sticker that it was originally solid green olive with no white paint?

Before with a mystery air cleaner....

After!

DOH! Won't fit!

Terry
'72 442 455/TH400
'70 Cutlass Supreme SX455 conv.
'72 Cutlass Supreme 350/TH350
vette442 is offline   Reply With Quote