The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
GMCPerson

SOMEDAY has arrived - 67 Custmer Camper

I bought this 1967 Custom Camper over 10 years ago. The body seemed to be in good condition (for Michigan) and with a 327/400 I thought it was an excellent deal for $400.00. I had 3 other 67-72 trucks in the past and really liked them so I had grand plans to bring this one back to it’s original luster. The truck came with a salvage title due to an accident the original owner’s brother had. The front clip was from a 1968 Chevy. For some reason I could not get the holes in the radiator support to line up with holes in the frame but I was able to drive the truck home. I had to empty out the bed since the prior owner had taken the camper apart and just left the remains in the bed. With the bed empty, I was happy to see that there were no rust holes in the steel floor.

I parked the truck in the field since my garage was full. It sat for two years. I then got married and changed jobs so I had to move. My new house did not have a garage so I had to get one built. That process took over 2 years (I was livid with my builder). While the garage was being built, the truck sat in my work parking lot since the new wife and the new subdivision both had rules about parking cars outside. Luckily it was a big parking lot and I moved the truck every once in a while so it did not look abandoned.

As soon as I had purchased the truck, I was amazed how many people stopped by and offered to buy it. Some people were even nice enough to offer to “haul it away for free”! I do not know how many times I said “It is not for sale - I am going to fix it up SOMEDAY”. A few people actually got pretty rude when I told them this. Did they think that calling me names was going to change my mind? Well to all of those people - SOMEDAY has arrived!

We are now to the time that I purchased a digital camera. All of the prior pictures from my original camera still have not been developed so here is the final half of my project.
GMCPerson is offline   Reply With Quote