The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
Geno

To Anyone who is looking to be a first buyer

Owning an old Chevy/Gmc can be a really cool experince. A lot of people buy new trucks every year. They slam it or raise it, add rims and tires, tint the windows and add performance enhancing parts like intake,exhast ect. But nothing beats an old gas guzzling, beefy, no smog required, old school chevy/gmc. They sound cool as hell when you in idle at a stop light next to the newer more quieter trucks. If you take a look they will be most likey checking out your ride and sometimes giving you a thumbs up. I had an experince once when a friend needed a late model 70's Rv that needed to be towed out of a trailer park spot. There was one problem. The rear axle double wheels were locked up. Well, we hooked up a couple of heavy duty towing chains and with my 68' Gmc my back end dropped a little bit then slowly the howl of the locked up Rv tires began to smoke leaving a thick 80 ft skid mark down the street that anyone would be proud of. Ahh.. gotta love these tough trucks.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote