The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #1
dubs68SWB

Proud papa....lots of time in this '68 so far..."UPDATED"....please look!!!!

I'm new to this website and have drooled over so many of your rides and now my own is getting close to being a driver. I'm keeping it very "grandpa-ish" for now and will paint it down the road. It's a 460 BBC with an M-22 behind it. Eaton 12 bolt posi and 15.5 rear sportsman tires. I will keep you posted!!!

Just to update a couple of things......No...this is not the finished ride height. I've got a "c" notch kit and tubular lower control arms coming for it. After that, I can put on the front rallys with ring and caps and then figure out what will be the right front tire to get the correct rake. I decided to put my initial money in the control arms so later an can to a disc conversion and just look for stock stuff instead of drop spindles. The control arms are stepped. The Muncie linkage was cake. I had to fab a bell crank thought and use a long impala style shift arm to clear the bench seat. The drum brakes are actually more than enough to stop it for now. Yes on the no-paint!!! My checking account agrees with all of you!!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited by dubs68SWB; 05-07-2007 at 01:04 PM.
dubs68SWB is offline   Reply With Quote