The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
kyull67

Unhappy My House Burnt Down With Truck In Garage!

This morning at about 2:30 a.m. I awoke to heavy smoke and a smoke detector going off. I woke up my girlfriend and then ran around the house waking up the other three people. Luckily we all got out safe but I wasn't able to save my six month old puppy. Our 2 year old dog did make it out though. The house is probably a total loss and my truck and three motorcycles melted to the ground. Looks like it stared at an electical socket in the garage with nothing plugged into it! I hope insurance will give me even half what my truck was worth so I can get started on a new one in a few months. I'll post pictures when I can, but like I said it's pretty much gone. I had just brought it down from my parents house last weekend. **** HAPPENS. Everyone check the batteries in your smoke detectors and install extra's if needed. They saved our lives.

Last edited by kyull67; 05-12-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: sp.
kyull67 is offline   Reply With Quote