The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #17
racerman85

Re: Ate a little rice for lunch

sadly, its a F@RD, but hey its a 2005 36 foot V10 winnebago motorhome, towing a 18 ft enclosed trailer with 3 "full size" motorcycles and a CRF50. Trailer is about another 4000 pounds (approx, its an all aluminum trailer).

It happened when we were in South Carolina; we were down there for a motocross race. I was driving, and being 16 I got a couple double-takes. Yeah, I was in my lane, and yes I can back it up Anyways, we were leaving one of the gas stations in a city, I believe it was Anderson, i'm not sure. Anyways, I was pulling out and some ... in a riced out civic pulls to my RIGHT as im making a RIGHT out of the gas station, and honks at me and flashes his lights? I thought the trailer door or something was open, but it wasnt. I stayed in the right lane, and he pulls up to my left side at the next light and pops out his right window (looking up at me a little) and says "you look like a F'n @$$ driving something that big!" Of course, I laughed, and so did my dad. He continued to talk until the light turned, he mashes the "loud pedal" (annoying pedal) and i just pulled away normally. Now, the V10 in our motorhome is a SCREAMER. It loves running high and at the next red light he laughs and says "hah you were on it hard and i destroyed you!"

At this point, I just kinda looked at my dad and he gave me the nod I've raced our race cars and such, and I just drove normally out of town, and my dad knows the roads pretty well. He knew there was a passing lane about 1/4 mile up the road and told me just to wait for it... No oncoming traffic, and my dad started laughing before i even punched the gas. She downshifts and just winds up. I blow by the civic, and as soon as i merge back into my lane i see two little headlights pull into the passing lane... my dad instructed me to lift, let him get beside me, and then let em' have it. He got to my window, and I see his buddy mooning me from the back seat and they both thought they had us... Well, I dont think they were too happy. they pulled up beside us at the next red light and neither were laughing, both their windows were up, and their radio was turned down. Neither looked over at the 16 year old in the drivers seat...

Another funny and TRUE story happened last year at Ocean City, Maryland. It was their annual "car show" thing that they have there twice a year, and my friends dad has an offshore fishing boat and they offered to take me with them, and said we could cruise around in his friends big block, supercharged 69' Camaro. I couldnt resist; so i went along. The boat ride down was a little choppy, but none the less awesome. I honestly thought i was going to die when I saw his friends Camaro (at the time, I didnt know it was a bigblock OR that it was supercharged). We were going across one of the bridges on our way to one of the guys houses, and we see a set of headlights flashing at us. I never got a very good look at the car, but I believe it was a Integra? Anyways, the guy was tailgating us and I was pretty nervous at the time. Everyone else didnt seem phased, but I was told to make sure my belts were tight and thats when I got excited. I wanted to see what she could do.

The other car pulled beside us, honked three times, and both mashed it. We pulled him a little right away, and about a car length ahead we could still hear him pulling gears and the turbo whining and blowing off. The driver was laughing saying hes "only 3/4 throttle" and thats why we could hear the other car's turbo (s). the other car eventually came beside us and we let off because there was traffic ahead coming up soon.

THIS IS TRUE- The owner of the Camaro also owns and runs an offshore fishing company in OC. A couple weeks later, sitting at one of the bars on the strip, he heard the guy two down from him talking fairly loudly about this black 69' ish supercharged Camaro that beat him. As he listens more and more, he realized that it was the owner of the other car. He started asking a few questions about his car, and eventually the guy "had to show him his car." It turned out to be a TT Integra, claimed HP of over 1100 on 112 VP with stage 3 nitrous, stage 3 being alternate fuel (didnt say what the alternate fuel was). Evidently the guy wasnt very happy that a V8 beat him, and claimed he would find the guy and race him again, this time he would beat him. When he said that, he walked away from the guy and hopped in his Camaro, chuckling at what he could think up to say. He pulled up and asked the guy "was this the car that beat you? You must not know how to drive, i'm only running a blower and pump gas!" As he pulled away, the astonished Integra owner just stood there.

The next car show in Ocean City is 2 weeks from now, and once again i'll be there, but sadly the camaro will not.

*Sorry its such a long post. The second part of the story is much better when he tells it, because I wasnt there for the whole bar incident.
racerman85 is offline   Reply With Quote