The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: What direction should the build go?
Make it Cool Shop Truck style! Satin Black,Red Steelies and Wide Whites! 18 47.37%
Resale Red all The way!! Nice aftermarket wheels. 5 13.16%
Basic Black, Looks Great always (except when dirty). 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
jorgensensc

Poll!! Opinions Wanted. Help me decide what to do!

Okay as you all know I have a newly purchased '68 stepside with 72 front clip and bed. I have thought long and hard, but don't know which direction to go with it. So I will ask You guys!
My dilemma is tha I want to do one of 3 things:
Paint it John Deere Blitz, Black, Red Steelies, with trim rings, Spider caps, and wide whitewalls, dropped 2.5/4.
Paint it red with some nice aftermarket wheels, dropped 2.5/4.
Do it like my old truck, Black with ralleys, stock height.

My concern is that i will probably have the same amount of money tied up in the truck amongst all the choices. Getting the red steelies to work with spidercaps is going to end up costing as much as a nice set of aftermarket wheels. I have to change everything over to 5 x 4 3/4 to use spidercaps. The red seems simple andclean. The black looks awesome, but will require better prep to have it llok great, but the cost savings is in the ralleys and lack of drop.
I don't PLAN on selling the truck, but if I ever do, I have to make sure that I don't loose my shirt. While i like the Flat Black and steelie idea the best, i am concerned that at the end of the day it is a fad, and if I sell it my 10,000.00 truck will still sell like a 4000.00 incomplete truck, because of the color. We all know red is eyecatching. They don't call it resale red for no reason. And i loved my old black truck, it always got attention, and when I sold it it brought more than I had in it. Again i don't plan on selling this one, but no one knows what the future holds. I didn't plan on selling the first one either.
I added pics, but I can't photoshop, so I can't show you my ideas. Just simple and understated for the most part. I also added a pic of my old truck again.
Thanks for letting me ramble, and as always, thank you for your opinion!
Shawn
Attached Images

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote