The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

New here, no truck yet

Hey folks, noob here. I'm a big fan of the 67 - 72 trucks, have been for about 10 years (Saw one in a 4Wheelr and I've been looking for one ever since). Looks like I'm going to be having a chance to build one coming up in the next year, so I'm planning on gathering some info before I get involved in anything.

So, my questions are:
1- For those with 2wd shortbeds / K5 blazers, how is the coilover rearend compared to traditional leafs?
2- Has anyone done a modern front clip / drivetrain swap into a 69 - 72 K5 blazer?
3- What are the biggest issues to look for in buying a truck (most likely a K5)?

For a little detail about myself, I'm a current college student with a passion for rebuild cars and trucks... on my second ground up rebuild now. First was a 1993 GMC Typhoon (maybe you guys know what they are, maybe not ), it's more of a weekend driver / showcar. Currently rebuilding a 1992 GMC Sonoma GT (one of 819 ) .... basically a project to teach myself about sheet metal work and paint, as well as the nuts and bolts of an auto to manual swap. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty or get involved in fabrication if needed - heck I'm an engineering major (focus on naval / mechanical). Used to drive a 1995 GMC 1500 4x4 sportside sierra, but it got kinda rusty so it got sold and my parents bought an 07 shortbed silverado.

Wow, long post eh ? ... I'm pretty familiar with these kinds of forums, so hopefully I'll be able to use this one well
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote