The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
72lb4x4
Account Suspended

Pics of my 72 LWB K10

I've been hanging around for a good while, but never bothered to take pics of the truck. Here are a few.

The truck isn't anything special, not original, and has the usual cab corner, rocker panel, and floor support rust. The doors and steel bed floor are also not good. On the other hand, the body isn't that bad, and the 350 motor is good.

350, SM465, NP208, not sure of the diff ratios since I havent looked, or spun and counted. The trans, transfer case and rear end are apparently from an 85 truck. At least there's an 85 on the transfer case tag, the wheel cylinder replaced had to be swapped for on for an 85, and that's what the PO said.

So far,
I've removed the buckets and put in a nice contrasting (with the orange) green bench seat. Its pretty hard on the eyes.
Replaced the messed up tilt column with a standard col. This helped some wiring issues.
Fixed a bunch of electrical problems and removed a mile of red wire. Luckily the POs didn't cut the harnesses much. They just rewired around them.
Repaired wiring harnesses and rewrapped with wiring harness tape (not electrical tape).
I added HEI and tach wiring to the engine harness.
Put a new/used gauge cluster in after cleaning it up and painting it.
Pulled out the carpet that had been glued in with tile mastic or something, and scraped the glue off.
Replaced ball joints, brake pads, and greased the wheel bearings, etc.
Replaced the PS pump, lines, steering box, and rag joint.
Replaced a brake line on the rear diff, a wheel cylinder, and had the brake system flushed. The brake line looked like it had been cut. Who knows why.
Replaced the battery box, since it wasn't strong enough to holt the new battery.
Oil and fluids were also changed of course.

Can't think of much else I've done to the truck. I've got some rally wheels and the sheet metal, but don't want to buy tires until the body is fixed, and don't have the courage for that yet...

If anyone likes those wheels, feel free to encourage me to get them off the truck. The lug nuts are tapered (for steel wheels with a squish area), and not for mags, so I don't drive it much.

I'm wondering if the clearance lights are OEM. The assembly manual has drawings of a similar type, but the round style seem more normal. The glove box door and the cab have been changed, so no option info is available.
Attached Images

Last edited by 72lb4x4; 05-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.
72lb4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote