The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
tracterman2

Talking whats in an "original"??

I don't know if this will fly or not...but I have a 1970 Custom/10 that I'm trying to go back to orginal on. I'm interested in seeing or hearing about things that make these trucks orgriginal. Anything that you think if this isn't right...its not original. Which that could be anything I know...but people have different opinions of this. Maybe even information that is sometimes overlooked by people about the original trucks. Did they all come with white walls? or was this an up grade? What about the mirrors...mine is green and the mirror arm is green but he head is rust...so...what color was it?? mine entire truck is green...no white top on mine. Anything goes on this thread...just keep it original. Any specs, any parts, anything interesting you have learned and did not know before. Any stories behind trucks...I have all the tickets and papers all the way until 93 when it was parked...I can tell you every part that had been replaced on the truck...really neat actually, I know every state it has lived in...south dakota most of its life. What about rear bumpers?? did most of these come out with the little white step bumper with the dealers names engraved in them?? or did the bumper get put on by the dearler?? or were most of the bumpers the ones with out the step...that we see in our resto books. Any info, stories, pictures appreciated lets just see and hear about the originals, or restored originals.