The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

Re: Autometer gauge cluster- Gringoloco style*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked68 View Post
My son and I were just talking about doing exactly what you did. Love the look, hate to ask but how much and I saw where you said the cab tank guys might have probs. Mine is a 68. Any info would be great thanks, Mike
Costs so far:

both 5" gauges and the four smaller gauges set me back around $850. Some of my gauges are electric, which cost more (example: elec oil gauge is $200). if you went analog, you'd probalby pay less.

7-gauge console was bought from a board member at a small fee some time ago. 3-gauge bezel was stock in my truck.

i made very little progress after taking the pic above. I managed to get the logistics of it all down and merged the two panels (sort of), but then I got sidetracked with work: I just bought my roommate's share of our house, so I had to help him move all of his crap out. Between that, helping my woman landscape the yard (read: digging a dozen holes) and pressure washing/sanding my used inner fender, I got little to no more work done on the cluster.

Jegs has the 5" gauges on backorder till tomorrow at the earliest, and out of town this weekend. I expect I won't be able to update this post for another week or two.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote