The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

My truck

I was about to enter my truck in the "Beater" TOTM contest, and I realized that I've been on this board for awhile now and never put up anything about my own truck. Here goes:

Gentlemen, I present my daily driven (70 miles round trip to work & back) Chevrolet C10 step side.

It's got a Vortec 350 with a turbo 350 transmission, mismatched tires, 3/4" plywood for bed wood, and the all important Indian Blanket $20.00 seat cover. The one you see on it is actually the newer one. The wife made me replace it before she would ride in it. There are rust holes in the fender, cab corners, and inner fenders. It looks like the tailgate metal actually separated from the latch and the PO (original owner who used this for a landscape business) booger-welded it back together. There's a cut down, bent-up, rusty-assed step bumper of unknown vintage booger-welded to the frame. I did manage to get all the leaks fixed except for a nasty steering box leak that made the side of the truck look like some kind of a leopard, and the bottom of the driver's inner fender look like I drove through a tar pit. If you look closely at the carpet, there's a giant oil stain where the pressure gauge line popped off one day and sprayed the carpet with really hot oil.

Looks suprisingly good here, except for the mismatched tires, giant ugly rear bumper and that weird thing happening on the upper middle part of the door

Notice the "repair" made on the fender just above the side marker light

The ghost of oil leaks past mixed in with power steering leaks present

That spot on the corner of the hood just above the driver's side headlight is the fallout from the only part of this truck's body that I ever washed. About a month later, it started to rust in that spot

The hood kink shows up good in this one

Here's a great shot of the fender rust

More to come