The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
Hilandr451

RNS '07 a Resounding Success!!

Rust NEVER Sleeps 2007

l to r: Seth Deans (standing), John Loftus, Jim Rodreguez, Chris Bell, John Oliviera & me (standing)

Thanks to all the fine folks who made it out to the 6th annual Rust NEVER Sleeps Truck meet & Barbecue!!
Dean Hess, Johnny aka ChevyFleetside, Jim, Jeff, Eddie, Seth Deans, John & Holly Oliviera, Chris Bell, John Loftus, Chris & Linda Kalomiris and my old friend George Chavarria who showed up too late to get in the pictures all the way from Malpitas. Thanks for the effort George - I'm really glad you showed!!

At the end of the day, we had 8 60-66 entries, a sweet '68 GMC, and a monster '72 short box C10 with a 454 stuffed under the hood that stole the show with an ear slpitting, tire shreading exibition of smoke that had the crowds cheering for more!

The winner's Circle:

Jim Rodriguez walked away, to no one's surprise, with the Best of Show award for that tight teal suburban of his.

Our friend Chris Bell made off with the dubious distinction of having the most rust! His '64 C10 made the trip from Lincoln with out over heating - nice job, and what a nice guy!

And my new friend John Oliviera all the way from San Jose cleaned house today winning the Most Custom award, 1st place in the Work in Progress category, and for making the 87 mile trek from SJ, the trophy for longest distance traveled to the meet.

The lo' grey ghost made the trip just fine pulling the 26ft 1965 Airstream Overlander like it was made to!

Please check out the rest of the pictures on my picturetrail web page and feel free to peruse any other albums while you're there - oh and don't forget to sign my guest book!

RNS 2007 pictures

Thanks for all the Help guys, and for all your support over the years. I can't do this without you. See you next year!!!
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote