The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
chevymotocross

Any Pep Boys or related auto parts workers?

I just recently started working at a Pep Boys store as a parts counter employee a couple weeks ago. I previously worked at an auto body shop for 2 years detailing cars and have a good reputation with them, I just was seeking a change of work.... and a bit more pay. I'm graduating high school soon and plan on going to technical school for HVAC, since that is my future goal. Anyways, I can't believe the disorganization and horrible management.... at least at the pep boys I work at, not sure if the whole chain are run this way. Parts that show in stock, are MIA, no where to be found. Managers are never in the store, always outside somewhere having a cigarette, which stinks when you have customers wanting to return something, and you need a manager's password, and customers are sick of waiting. You also have the linked service department who needs parts every couple of minutes for the cars they are working on, and I'm pretty much the only person working the counter. Also, why can't this be an AUTO PARTS store, we have to waste time with go carts and fake dirt bikes. I really wanted to give auto parts a try for part time. Actually, I really wanted to work at a NAPA, but experience is required, and I guess that is why their stores have such a good reputation, plus NAPA only deals with auto parts, not go carts. Maybe I should work at the pep boys for a year and try a NAPA? Sorry for the ranting but pep boys is quite hectic, just wondering if anyone here works at an auto parts store or what you customers may think of Pep Boys.

Last edited by chevymotocross; 05-25-2007 at 09:13 PM.
chevymotocross is offline   Reply With Quote