The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
68 Stepside
huh?

Drop spindle installation problem! Help!

Hey all,

Several years ago I ordered a 2 1/2" drop spindle/disc brake conversion kit from GMC Paul. I finally got around to putting it on, and after checking my ball joints which, to my surprise, are in great shape, I decided to reuse them for the time being. I got everything seperated, put on the new drop spindle, bolted it all up tight, and now can't turn the spindle without an act of congress. The top mounting point of the drop spindle is squared off, and it's catching on the top a-arm. Is this a problem that's common? This is a McGaughy's Classic Drop kit, I would guess the part number is 6370DS. When I ordered the kit, I made sure it was the kit that used the stock front end parts (ball joints, tie rods).

It's rubbing where my finger is in one picture, right at the front, on the bottom lip of the upper a-arm. It's really a difficult problem to describe, I'll include a few pictures to try and clear it up. I hope it makes sense, I was hoping to have this thing back on the ground by tomorrow evening.

I would appreciate any information that I can get. I'd just call GMC Paul, but I work 4:30am-6:00pm.

Thanks in advance for anything.
Attached Images

Things we said today.

RIP El Jay
68 Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote