The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
Richard H.
Spanked once

Coil spring confusion 71 C 10

I'll do my best to make my self clear on this confused state I'm in. I ordered 4" drop springs from a site vendor here for the rear. The spid states it has heavy suspension for the front and I gave this info to the vendor plus the fact it had two extra tanks in the rear. It seems to me a dealer set this thing up to be a camper special , just speculation. The picture shows the new and the old spring , the old spring is made of 3/4 stock and the new one is 5/8 stock.
I had planned on cutting 1 & 1/8 coil off the front spring to get a 2" drop but they are made of 3/4 " stock also. The engine I built is a 350 all aluminum top end so I know it doesn't weigh as much as the original. I'm totally rebuilding the front and rear of this with off truck paint and really don't want to go scrathin and hackin on it swapping springs to get it right. Should I just guess at new front springs? Will the lighter springs he sent for the back drop it to much?
The truck is the one in my avatar , If I have to get new front springs that is not a problem just don't want any tire rubbing.
Attached Images

Richard H. is offline   Reply With Quote