The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #28
Alvin
Never Done?

Re: Live Webcast This Evening

Okay, I added a link to the video of all the pics taken yesterday. Check it out.

You can get a little backstory on my project truck by clicking on the link in my signature and viewing the first page of posts.

My rolling chassis is just about complete. Airride equipped and all that jazz. Everything was normal until my friend bought a camaro. He picked up a '71 camaro with original paint. I told him I'd keep my eyes open to see if I could pick up a nice '68 original paint body to go on my rebuilt chassis.

Then last month N2Billet started a post about his new project "Swingset". He mentioned selling Lucy and having to sell Ethel to get some funds to throw at project Swingset. I contacted him about Ethel and a few weeks later she was in my driveway!

Ethel is a perfect fit not only because of the original paint, but she's a '68 short/fleet, blue with the white top, and has the factory side moulding. It's exactly the color scheme I had in mind.

So currently all efforts are to get the cab on my chassis and get the engine fired up and see what I'm dealing with that way. If all goes as planned, things should wrap up pretty quickly the next few weeks. I don't expect to have her ready for the trip to Missouri though. Kinda bummed about that... but we'll see!

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote