The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
HarrisonTX

Help me get motivated

Hey guys. I just dont know what to do. Ive got this '69 here... I used to drive it everyday until i got deployed came back and bought a '97 pickup that got double mpg, so now it sits. In '04 i overheated the motor on power tour so i pulled the motor and replaced the rings cause i figuered they lost their tension. I didnt touch the valve seals. now it misses on one cylinder, and im pretty sure its the valve seals leaking, cause i put all new ignition parts, and it still misses. Its a SOB to pull the heads because of the insane brakets i have (factory a/c) The damn a/c brackets bolt to 2 intake bolts, exhaust bolts, water pump i think, its a huge ordeal to mess with compared to my stripped malibu which has spoiled me cause its so easy. Also while i was deployed a very little bit of rust developed in both rockers, so its no longer rust free. The paint is about 7 years old, and still looks great but it is very very thin, and chips real easy, so i have all theses small chips that have rusted a tiny bit. I just dont know what to do. 69/70 models are my least favorite style. should i continue to let it sit, pull the heads and fix it, i have 2 other projects that take my time and money too. Its got still matching numbers so im reluctant to put a 700r4 in there, but i would definently drive it if i did that, but if i said screw the original tranny, why not just drop a brand new crate motor into it, but then if i do that i dont wanna drive around in a rusty truck, so i might as well fix the rockers, which would lead to me having the entire truck repainted so it matched perfectly and got ride of those tiny scrathes. If i do all that im out like $6k or something, So if im gonna spend that much, i might as well trade it plus 6k for a beautil 67-72 short fleet. I just dont know what to do. I kinda wanna sell it, but everytime i drive it, im reminded of all the good times, and the fact that its my first truck. I just dont know what to do.
'86 k5 blazer
'06 Duramax
HarrisonTX is offline   Reply With Quote