The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
pebbleboy
Son Of Gravel Man

Hello again (an Update)

Hello,

I havent made it on to post in awhile but lurk reading stuff while I was gone. I thought about selling my truck for awhile but luckly did not. I have been doing a little body work with nothing major planned untill.......

I cracked the manifold on the drivers side. I was planning an engine swap sometime in the future so I really didn't want to put a new exhaust and then have to pull it out and trash it with the pontiac 400 thats in there. Well My uncle had a 76 3/4 with a 350 that I can use the engine out of. So its engine swap time.

I know so I brought some

A older pic of my truck from last year but still pretty much sits the same

The donor truck

and donor engine

I got some Por 15 coming soon im going to use to clean up and paint that engine and do up my frame rails also.

I went and got the truck yesterday. It was sitting for over 5yrs and hasn't been started in a year. It took a few trips to part stores and a makeshift gas tank out of a gas can but I drove it about 10 miles home at 45mph on the freeway. I got alot of strange looks.

Todays progress was preping that engine for removal. It only took little bit but got the radiator, starter, exhaust, and all the lines out. I just have to get a cherry picker and engine stand and that baby will be out.

Further updates will be posted in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
What one man calls a budget part, another man calls his entire budget.
pebbleboy is offline   Reply With Quote