The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
guf

Where do i stop?

I got a donor truck to pull the automatic transmission out with the engine---and was going to use the steering column also. Once i pulled the engine out of the receiving truck and had the front clip off I decided to paint the firewall. So now i have to pick a paint color( some sorta of light blue--any suggestions?) And now I'll need a paint gun. The donor truck has better front fenders. So i needed new inner fenders and radiator support so i ordered them from ece. Since i was getting truck freight i wanted to fill the pallet so got a drop kit, and with the front clip off it should be easy to install right? Ordered new patch panels for the cab and body mounts and new rubber for under the truck. And also with the front clip off it seems a heck of a lot easier to to patch the front end. the frame is easily to seal now so i want to put some pore 15 on there. I have a new wire harness and wonder if i should install it now or wait to later but the wiring was a mess so i don't know....

i just started 4 days ago and this is my first project. i was hoping to get it all up and running by next week. i wanted it to be a drivable restoration and also a daily driver. ---but as i get more and more into it I realize that i have to just stop taking it a part and get it running again. But where do i stop?
guf is offline   Reply With Quote