The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
PorkchopBurnside

New Guy, Sayin Hey

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a long time reader and a less than often poster. I just thought I'd drop a line and say hey. I'm 23 years old, from Huntington, WV and an owner of an 85 2wd Short & Wide that I bought in 2002 as a graduation gift to myself. Saw it and immediately fell in love with it. I just love the old square body styles as I'm sure we all do.

With the help of dad, we did some minor performance upgrades, new Edelbrock performer intake and 625 carb (the stock Quadra-junk's secondaries were froze shut), Accel HEI distributor, and all the other standard tune up parts.

After about 6 months of driving the tranny's (TH350) forward clutch packs went out and had to be replaced. A year later it was back on the road with a new TH350. Time and money are things we all need more of but can never seem to get it.

I'm not proud of the following, but am including it to give the whole story.

Drove it some more and my bad luck kicked in again. Everything started going bad in a short amount of time. The bondo job on the doors fell off one cold morning, I scraped a parking meter pole, slide into a power pole, and to finish it all off, I lost control and hit a HD truck with a lift gate and killed her.

That was 12-30-2005. A month ago I got her back and am loving every minute of it. I'll attach the pics of the carnage and will upload the new pics soon.
Attached Images

PorkchopBurnside is offline   Reply With Quote