The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
1969k10stepside

Talking It's Alive !!!!

The 71 K10 is alive...
Well,after owning the truck about 50 weeks and have been working on it for nearly 10 months the motor finally was ready to fire.I didnt just spend that long on the motor though,the whole truck which was a rusted through frame,rusted out body and junk axles have all been worked on and just rebuilt the motor this spring...I got the motor in the chassis a few weeks ago and have been working on it to get it going...Over the weekend I worked switching water pumps (had the wrong one the first time) and hooking up lines,hoses,electrical,adjusting everything it finally roared to life
I was a bit worried as it didnt have any oil pressure according to the gauge but after pulling a complete gauge cluster out of the truck to hook up in the chassis I got a good reading on the pressure so I continued on.....This afternoon I went out to the shop and after fighting with a sluggish start due to a bad ground I finally got a good ground and pushed the button and it fired up...I had to pour a little gas in the old quadra-junk to get things going a little quicker but it wanted to start and it did.It sounded great,and the rest of the town probably agrees as they probably heard it considering it is just open headers
I am pleased with it,it sounds good,the timing is right and it idles good.I wish the cam was a bit more lumpy but Im not going to tear back into it to swap cams.It didnt take long to burn the paint off the headers.... The paint lasted all of 5 minutes.
So,maybe if I can get the video from the camera uploaded to youtube or somethin I can share the video with y'all...as for now Im going to go start it up and listen to the motor some more..

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 06-24-2007 at 06:26 PM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote