The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
72 Cheyenne K20

How crazy does this sound?

I bought a 71 Blazer about a month ago. It's in Wyoming and I'm not. I called a transport company to get it here (Minnesota) and it's been 3.5 weeks now with no pick up date in sight. I started calling other shipping companies and they told me (while laughing) that the price given to me by the co. I contracted was WAY low and the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere means it's probable going to sit for a long while. Now to the ?

How crazy would it be to drive this thing back to MN, 1150 miles. The PO says it starts and runs good, brakes and electrical are good, tires are good. The only thing is, it has only had about 20 miles put on it in the last 4 years. It only has 84K original miles which is good, but not sure if it still runs on leaded gas? I'd make sure to do some pm work on it before hitting the road (change oil, check fluids, tires, brakes, etc. Probably bring upper & lower rad hoses, water pump, fuses, anti-freeze, ps & brake fluid, etc. BUT, do I sound like I've lost my mind or does this sound OK . What do you think!

Scott

Last edited by 72 Cheyenne K20; 05-20-2008 at 07:46 AM.
72 Cheyenne K20 is offline   Reply With Quote