The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
jkade

Looking to buy 67 swb. WIW??

No pictures but here is the story. I have seen this truck running around town since I was a kid and have always wanted it. It is a 67 2wd swb, original wood bed that has broken pieces but it is the original wood. It still has the origianl trim that has two small dents above the passenger fender that could be fixed and repolsihed. The passenger fender has a little rot below the battery tray, the drivers door has a small amount in the bottom that would be a easy fix, and the tailgate has a small amount of rust above the tailgate handle. The cab corners and rockers are still rust free. The paint is faded but no surface rust on the truck. The top of the windshield frame has no rust. It is a none air truck, the guy has owned the truck for the last 17 years and has took damn good care of it. The truck has a 283 and a rebuilt th350 and he has driven the truck as a dd for the last four years. I would rate the body as a 8 out of 10. If the truck was took apart and had the frame and under side painted and had all new paint on the exterior and new interior job plus new wood in the bed you would have a show truck. I would probably put a GenIII motor in the truck and a 4l80 or 60. He is asking $5000 for the truck. Does this sound out of line? I will probably drive the truck for a year or 2 and then tear it apart. The truck has the dealer sticker on the bumper that still says where it was bought new.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote