The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
1969k10stepside

Project "Death Wish"

Ok,first off I'm calling this project Project Death Wish because of the hill billy red neck work done to this truck by me and the many previous owners this truck has had,and the work is far from safe!I bought the the truck running,driving,and the 4wd worked.Later I bought the short k10 and pulled the motor from this to use in the other one.So,this truck has sat for over a year motorless getting more rusty.Alot of parts are off the truck but I have the parts.It's sitting un level in the back due to a rear spring being junk and missing a leaf or 2.It has a lift currently from a 73+ truck.The springs arent bad,but are longer than 67-72 springs and they rub the frame as seen in the pics below.The axles,stock closed knuckle dana 44 and rear is a 12 bolt Corp.Non Posi 3:73s in both axles.The body is rusty,I might just switch cabs but the bed might be replaced as well.As for the cab,its rusty everywhere! Like the tires? 3 are bald Riken Raiders,and one is a M/T Baja Belted knock off...
The Plans (some of them)...
Fix some rust,leave the dents.
Replace front axle with Corp 10 bolt w/ 4:10s and locker
Replace rear with 14 bolt F.F. with 4:10s and locker.
Power Disc Brakes,no crossover steering for now,only plan on 35" Tires.
Try longer front shackles and see if they get the springs far enough away from the axle to use,and use a shackle flip in the rear and a add-a-leaf to level the truck out.The transmission is the stock SM465,and the t-case is the old Rockwell.The motor,havent figured that part out yet.What ever is the cheapest and looks most reliable.I might build a motor like I did for the other truck,but this is sorta a cheap project.I wont work on this truck like the other one,the priority is the 71 K10 and thats where the funds are going till its primered and on the road.For the time being this is just going to be a build based on left over parts (Have Alot!) and left over money (dont have much of that..) The trucks use..play toy,using it on the trails,to haul my junky trucks around,and to waste gas in.
Here is some pics as I pulled it from the weeds and beans...
The last pic shows the springs,do you think a longer shackle and/or lowered spring hangers will allow me to use those springs?
Name:  S7300039.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  S7300045.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  S7300038.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  83.4 KB

Name:  S7300041.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  37.2 KB

Last edited by 1969k10stepside; 07-03-2007 at 12:10 AM.
1969k10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote