The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
bobo

87 v20 Distributor 350 Motor

Good Morning , I recently changed the wires , cap and rotor the other day , however the truck turns over but will not stat. A coule of questions ...seing that this has a cap and rotor im guessing that this is not HEI ? I ask cause in the haynes manual there are two locations for the firing order . I'm using the firing order that is not HEI ...I've checked to see that al wires are connected , the coil is connected and cap is on securly.2nd ...I changed the rotor which was extremely tough to get off though finally came off ...there should only be one way off/on ? could this not be seated correctly ? I have read a few posts after people have changed the wires and seem to have to have some similar issues ...Lastly could I have donen any damage to the coil do I need to replace it ? Any information you have would be helpful.

Thanks in advance ,

Bobo
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote