The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
67c-10Texas

Chevelle Header Install

With all the questions and postings about headers lately, I figured that I would take some pictures of the install last weekend and post them for you guys.

I bought these headers off of EBAY from Skip White Performance - Mid Length Chevelle Headers - Ceramic Coated - nice quality - price was under 200

First off let me say that I am using tublar motor mounts. I have no idea if these headers will fit stock mounted motors

The headers fit nice with some light trimming of the upper frame edge
About 1/4" on the drivers side and a bit more than 3/8 on the passenger side.
Both of these are for a length of maybe 3 to 4 inches.

The headers are mid length and hang perfect in the frame rails. Any good muffler shop should be able to create a bend in even 3" that will stay in the frame

Sorry but I had to remove the clutch lever from the old saginaw so I don't think these will work with standards

I am pleased with the quality and would say that these are great addition on price alone. If they last 3 years I think that it will pay for its self. I would have much rather had a set of long tubes but finding a set that hangs high in the frame is near impossible.

I have some more pics if needed and can answer any questions

Thanks to the Board
Attached Images

67c-10Texas is offline   Reply With Quote