The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
63chevyfleet

230 carb problems !HELP!

i have a 230 six motor that i got. the carb that came on looked good but for some reason i got it running pretty and idles good but when i go to gas it hard its supposed to rev up fast but it doesnt for some reason it back fires. but when you drive it slow without gunning it it runs great but other than that it back fires when i gun it while driving it.

1. when i got it it didnt have a distributor in it. until i got a new one then when i went to set it. i turned the fan, to turn the pulley it has a line on the pulley like all motors and it to tells you that number one piston is up. but mine i setted it on the line and my number 1 piston is down for some reason so maybe the timming chain is off a coulpe teeth maybe that could be the problem.

2.or could it be to much gas in the carb maybe thats why its back firing when i rev it and when im driving it.

3. the exhaust flap maybe its not opening. can some one help me on that!!!
63chevyfleet is offline   Reply With Quote