The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
benoit454
Chris

pedal slowly hits floor after new front brakes?

Well guys I started out today buying new rotors, pads, seals, and bearings for the front of the 84 c10.

We had no clue which J brake system we had so we tok in an old rotor to match up. Then got the rest afterwards. Well I'm thinking it's jb3, not sure, got the jb1 or jb3 rotor, matched up with ours, same height, thickness, diameter.

Get home, try and compres the OLD yes, old calipers, to put the pads in and they are pretty hard to compress with my c clamp. Well After that the DS was fully compressed, and went on ok, the PS might not have been FULLY compressed, but it was a PITA to get on, very tough, like I needed it pressed in more lol.

Anyways, once on, you could barely get the rotors to turn by hand, they would but tough.

Then we go to try out the brakes....

YEA not good..

The pedal went to the floor, yet had resistance to it. Not like when you got a blown line or cylinder or something, or when you have air in the line, had some resistance or pressure to it, but just dropped until it hit the floor.

Now I'm not sure if they stopped the truck good or not, we only moved it out from under the carport, and dad was driving, he said the pedal just felt weird to him.

I call autozone, where I bought the stuff, they say master cylinder.

I don't know, kinda weird it was fine now it's just gone, from sitting?

What would you guys think?

Booster?

Master cylinder?

Caliper?

or maybe a hose?

I plan on checking it out tomorrow and buying what I need to fix it. But would like opinions on what you guys think?

or if there's a for sure way to narrow it down to a caliper, MC, or booster?

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote