The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
79 silverado
Account Suspended

About to look at a 72, few questions

i'd always been more into the newer square bodied trucks because they were cheaper and easier to find, but I'm going out to meet the owner of a 72 thats for sale which would be my first of this body style. Here's what I know:

Its a 72 C20 Cheyenne Camper Special, 350/AT, PS/PB, front disks, 140k miles, new dual exhaust, supposedly runs/drives great.

He told me that at some point before he had bought it there was some bondo put into the cab corners (this would be over 5 years ago) so he had bought new corners, rockers, and some misc panels to redo the truck, then a divorce kept him from ever getting to it so it sat in storagge for the last 5 years, only occasionally driven. I know that there is supposedly a minor hole near the edge of the floorboard /rocker panel on the driver side.

I know to check drip rails, roof of cab near windshield, cab mounts and bed mount cross sills for rust, as well as under battery. Is there anything else special that I need to be careful of thats a problem on these trucks? I had tried to do a search on the board as I bet a thread like this comes up often but didnt find much - mostly posts announcing a new addition someone bought. Sooo... any tips appreciated

79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote