The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
xtreme80
Wishin' I had more money!

Emissions problem here...

I know I know, most of you country boys out there don't have to bother with emissions, or any of that crap. Unfortunately, in the big city, I have to deal with it. It sucks, but that's life.

Anyways, here's my problem.. I need help figuring out why I'm failing. 1980 C10 350/edelbrock 600cfm carb. New engine, carb, manifold, fuel system, and ignition system. All OEM parts.

First, if anyone could get me a vacuum routing diagram for the evap system, I'd appreciate it. I think there's one floating around here somewhere, and I'll look for it, but if you got it handy, post it up.

Second, I'm failing on Hydrocarbons and Carbon Monoxide at Idle. Standard idle for HC's is 220 PPM, and I'm at 423. Standard for CO is 1.20%, and I'm at 2.34%. Kinda high. Both of those pass with flying colors on a loaded runout, but at idle it's ****.

I've already leaned the idle mixture alot, to the point where it was running like crap just to get it leaned out. But I really don't know what else to try other than dumping the happy juice in it.

If nobody has any suggestions I guess I'll have to buy some denatured alcohol. Anyone know where I can get that stuff?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Last edited by xtreme80; 07-17-2007 at 01:11 AM.
xtreme80 is offline   Reply With Quote