The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #1
ChaseDale3and8

Torsion Bar Indexing Keys

Have any of you had any experience with these indexing keys that are supposed to lift the front end of the late models 2 1/2 inches? I am considering buying a set of these for my 2003 Silverado Z71 ext cab. If any of you have, would you please post up some pics. The only pics on the Ready Lift website are of 20s with who knows what tire size. I currently have 16x8 Weld Renegade wheels on 265-75-16 tires.

http://www.readylift.com/products/sfID1/6

I want to run a 305-70 16 tire which I believe is right around 33 inches. This torsion bar index lift is supposed to accomodate a 33 inch tire and not affect the stock ride or steering geometry. Do any of you know if these claims are true?

If anybody can tell me whether these are worth the effort and money I'd sure appreciate it. I'm thinking that if I do the front with one of these torsion bar key sets that I can bring the rear up to match with an add a leaf kit to get the overall lift that I want on this truck. It is a pavement pounder that doesn't see any hard off road use so tire clearance shouldn't be much of a problem....at least I wouldn't think so.

If any of you have used these torsion bar keys would you please post up some pics. I'd like to see what one of these 99 and up trucks look like set up like this.

I know that I could run a 3 inch body lift and that a 305-70-16 tire would fit. I have seen a 2002 shortbed like mine set up this way, but I'm not really too crazy about doing a body lift because they are a lot more complicated and don't look as good in my opinion because of the gaps they leave. Thanks in advance. ...Joe