The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Straight swap..turbo 350 for turbo 350...not????

Today we were supposed to do an engine/trans swap on my oldest sons 1972 burb, 350/350 combo. I purchased a 350/350 combo from a board member that was previously in a lwb pickup. Engine in very nice shape, trans recently rebuilt.

We moved all the air con stuff to the side, pulled off all the rest of the crap that would be in the way. Sawzall off the old exhaust (have all new to put in). Engine and trans come out with no problems. Cleaned and power washed all the dirt and grease off the burb, we even cleaned off the bird doo..(If you saw the post on that you know what Im talking about)

We start installing the new engine/trans and I noticed the tail shaft on the newer one is longer than the one we pulled out, by about 3inches. Aren't the lwb truck and burb the same wheelbase? Dont they both have the double drive shafts? What the heck am I supposed to do to make this fit? I really don't want to spend anymore money in this project. I was sure this was a straight swap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Last edited by CG; 07-22-2007 at 08:14 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote