The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
69GMCor70Chevy

New Member from Canada, eh

Hey fellas. I have been reading this site for a long time but decided to become a member as I just purchased a 69 daily driver and need -tech support.

A little back ground on me. My first 67-72 experience was when I was 5 or 6 when my dad bought a 69 gm that my uncle bought new. We still have that truck but we are just using it for parts. For a grad present in 93 my parents bought me a 67 GMC Stepside (cherry red). Unfortunately my folks convinced me it was not practical and I sold it 2 years later. Fortunately that dude married my little sister and he frame off restored it (didn't need it but..). He still has it course and now my parents are trying to convince him to sell it. Its like deja vu. Anyway for the past few months I have been searching North America for a truck that was good enough to drive everyday but not fixed up so it is an insane price. Well I found a 69GMC that has a 70 cab thus it is licensed as a 70 Chev. It is a good daily driver as it is just starting to rust on the rockers/cab corners but I can still drive it and it looks good. The wood bed is a write off but the engine was built very strong, too strong for these gas prices. Anyway I can't wait to dig deep into what this site has to offer.
69GMCor70Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote