The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Herbs1967

My Father's 1967 Truck

Hello everyone, I have been a little hesitant to post this, but I feel it something I needed to do. On Feb 8, 2005, my father passed away at the age of 62 in Azusa, California and this left a huge void in my life. All of my life I always looked to my father for guidance and advice and now he is gone. My father, who was a simple man in life and worked extremely hard to support his family. He gave me everything in life and I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for him.

A few days after the funeral, my mother spoke to me and said she wanted me to have my father's 1967 Chevy truck. I was so emotional when my mother told me because I knew how much my father loved his truck. He purchased the 1967 truck a few days after my birth and it still runs today. The truck is not in the best shape cosmetically, but it belonged to my dad.

This is what brings me to this site. I want to keep my father alive and I think the best way I can do this is to restore this truck to the condition it was when he purchased it. Yes, I want to restore this truck, but I dont have the slightest idea on where to start. I want to take some picture so i can post them on here and see what you guys think. All i know about the truck is that its a 1967 Chevy 3/4 ton truck with a 327, 4 speed, longbed. Someone here locally told me it was a camper but i am not sure if it is or not. Is there anyway i can find out original color, interior color and other options by the VIN number? If so, how do I do it? Thanks everyone and I apologize for the long post. Martin
Herbs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote