The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #11
SulphurDave

Re: My 84 C/10 Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Truck is lookin' good! I left you some suggestions on wheels in the Coy's thread. Good luck, and keep the pics comin'... -Chris
Thanks for the compliments! I'm ready to order wheels/tires right now but can't find what I need or want or both lol. Not exactly sure how to get the right wheel/tire combo to fill up the wheel well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjohn View Post
love everything about your truck. looks b*tchin.

i was wondering if you thought about boxing your frame where you put the c-notch in? might be a good idea if you plan to take it to the track to minimize frame twist and flex. just a thought.
That bolt in c-notch actually sucked up the metal frame pretty damn tight after using an impact to tighten it all up. Probably gave it more strength. Those c-notch kits are made from heavy duty thick metal. Thicker than the frame thickness for sure. But yea later on in life when I tear it down to rebuild it again I will box in the whole frame and have it powder coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munroe View Post
which ratchet shifter did you use? i was lookin at gettin a hurst truck pro matic 2 or ab and m truck mega shifter. how was the install ?
I have a B&M Pro-Ratchet shifter.