The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
lotussutol

55 chevy truck build and intro

My name is Lotus and I am happy to finally be a member of this forum. I have lurked for quite a while.

I love hotrods (I own a 52 chevy coupe deluxe car) and a longbed and soon a shortbed 55.5 chevy trucks.

I will start with the longbed. I have had this truck since the late 80s when I got it from my uncle. It has sat at my parents house forever. I plan on making the truck in a gasser style with a BB caddy. I am using these two trucks as inspiration to build it.

Right now the truck is rough and needs work. Here are some pics I took recently of the truck.

This weekend I am going to be buying this 55.5 shortbed truck. It already has a camaro clip on it. I plan on taking the best body parts from both trucks and using on the shortbed and then using the other parts on the longbed.

I already have a 383 SBC to go in the shortbed. A friend (Dusty) did most of the work putting the sbc together. It has aftermarket heads and weiand stealth intake ported to match the heads, hot cam, etc... I am detailing the engine to look sorta era correct for an older hotrod but know that it will not be perfect.

Sorry for the long post. I will keep them shorter in the future. I will post pics in this thread as I get work done on the trucks. I will probably have lots of questions as I am going to try and do as much of the work on the trucks as I can with just me and friends.

Thanks,
Lotus

Last edited by lotussutol; 11-02-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: fixing broken images
lotussutol is offline   Reply With Quote