The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Solego
Dr. Frankentruck's Monster

Brand New Old '69!

I've always been a motorhead. I bought my first muscle car, a '71 Chevelle, over 7 years ago, and still own it. It's been sitting for three years now needing a frame off. My wife and I both had company cars until my wife switched careers and now no longer has one. Now she drives our only driveable car that we actually own. My company car isn't good for anything other than transporting people. So, after borrowing my dads truck (good to live near family) until he threatened to start charging me, I decided to get a truck. I only had to promise to buy my wife a new car before I could me a used truck. Women. Well, I missed driving something that I could actually name the part of the engine that I was more than likely going to break while trying to tune it. That, and something that sounded like it had a pair. So I decided to buy something older than I, and Chevy, of course. So here it is. I bought it yesterday from P.J.'s Auto World in Clearwater, FL. I won't be picking it up until the end of the month. Although everything they sell is "as is", they completely inspect the entire drivetrain and fix, for free, anything that would prevent you from driving it off the lot. So far, the salesman has said they're going to tune the carb (too rich, lotta backfiring) and replace the battery. Also, I'm going to replace the fancy electric seats, fix the A/C system (did I mention I lived in Florida/Hell), replace the melting and sticky original steering wheel, and add power brakes. So, here are pictures as it sits on their lot.
Attached Images

Project SLOMO
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430494

Last edited by Solego; 08-08-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Solego is offline   Reply With Quote