The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
iliveintn

Hello from the new guy (especially to my fellow Tri-Star boys)

Hello from Nashville. I am 22 and go to school at UT. I am currently working on a 72 Jimmy. I have been reading for awhile but never bothered registering until I had pictures on my computer of the Jim. I hope to be posting often now and once I get my gas tank back in, attending events and such. I absolutely love my Jimmy and cannot wait to show it off. So, without further adieu.....? here it is.

EDIT - I need to include more about the truck

It is a 4 speed granny low, NP203 and stock posi trac rear axle that has been geared to like 3.1something. Havent checked the numbers but I believe its a 307 with edelbrock carb and I think performer intake. Has the full soft top and the bikini top, both are in pretty good condition. 31's all around, BFG mud terrains or look alikes. A small lift, maybe like 2 inches.

It was abandoned North-West of where I live, $300 and some paperwork and voila I end up with this bad boy. Not too sure the direction I want to go right now. I will probably drive it like it is and slowly try to repair the typical rust spots for now. Eventually I would either like to

A: lift it about 8 inches and put some nice 35's under it and possibly some 60's but I havent really looked into what can be made to fit under these.

B: be too much of a sissy to even scratch the body and convert it into a 2wd lowered rod.

either way I have already told my family and friends that if I ever start talking about selling it to smack me. So in the long run, i'm young and I have time to do whatever I choose to do to it.

and one of me why not

Last edited by iliveintn; 08-09-2007 at 02:19 AM.
iliveintn is offline   Reply With Quote